Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Cake Pops are cake and frosting on a stick dipped in chocolate. Now who wouldn't love that? This is also the same recipe for cake balls, except you make the balls larger and don't put them on a stick ;) Follow step by step directions and see more photos on my Blog: http://wpic.typepad.com/wpic/2010/02/wedding-cake-repersonified-cake-balls-and-cake-pops.html
- 1 (18 ounce) box cherry chip cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 20 ounces chocolate candy-making wafers
- Prepare cake as per directions on box.
- Let cool completely.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add in vanilla.
- Beat in icing sugar at low speed until combined.
- Beat mixture on high until smooth.
- Completely crumble cake in a large bowl.
- Add in frosting and mix together (I use my KitchenAid).
- Chill mixture in fridge or freezer for at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler.
- Form cake/frosting mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Poke ball with a long lollipop stick and coat in the melted chocolate.
- Insert stick side into large styrofoam block or florist's oasis to let Cake Pop harden (you may need to place them back in the refrigerator).