Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
From Anne Byrn, the cake mix doctor. Brownies with a creamy cheesecake filling, studded with cherries and chocolate chips
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 13 x 9 inch pan with vegetable mist.
- Beat filling ingredients on low speed until well combined, set aside.
- Place brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs in mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Stir in cherries.
- Scrape half batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Spread cream cheese filling over batter.
- Dollop remaining batter over filling and swirl with a dinner knife to marble the batter.
- Scatter the chocolate chips evenly on the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.