Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious cherry cheesecake easily made using a boxed cake mix, butter,cream cheese, dairy sour cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla and canned pie filling. I'm sure you could substitute the cherry pie filling with another kind (like blueberry, raspberry or strawberry).
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxsuper moist yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the dry cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix on low speed until crumbly.
- Press lightly in an ungreased rectangular 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat both pkgs. of cream cheese, 2 eggs,
- 3/4 c. sugar and 2 tsp. vanilla extract, until smooth & fluffy.
- Spread over cake mixture. Bake until set, 20-25 minutes.
- Mix sour cream, 1/4 c. sugar, and 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- until smooth, Spread over cheesecake; cool.
- Spread pie filling over the sour cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hrs. Serves 16-18.
- Refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.
- Note: This can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- I like it even better served 1 to 2 days later.
- The crust will soften up abit more then.
Scrumptious! From 50 all-time great recipes by Betty Crocker. One of my fav's. Thanks for posting this keeper, DG.