Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup mild red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 quarts mixed salad greens, rinsed & crisped, in bite-size pieces or 3 quarts mesclun
- 1 quart radicchio, rinsed and crisped, in bite-size pieces
- 1 lb dark sweet cherry, pitted
- 3 tablespoons merlot
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (a fruity variety)
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese, packed, coarsely crumbled (1/4 lb.)
- salt & pepper
- In a small bowl, combine onion with 2 cups water and lemon juice; chill 15 to 30 minutes. Drain well.
- To make dressing, whisk together Merlot, fruity extra-virgin olive oil, raspberry vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard.
- In a large boil, combine onion, salad greens, radicchio, cherries, and dressing; mix lightly.
- Sprinkle salad with cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
I served this recipe, Cherry Cheese Salad at our community dinner for 60 people. It was a hit. It is a wonderful, refreshing salad. It seems to come alive in your mouth when all the flavors hit the taste buds. Great recipe!