Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
**Adopted Recipe**Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
BROWN SUGAR GRAHAM CRUST
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (20 graham crackers, crushed, should give you enough crumbs.)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, PLUS
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherries, in water
- red food coloring
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- CRUST: Combine the cracker crumbs, the brown sugar and butter in a small bowl, blending well.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- FILLING: Beat the two packages of cream cheese in a bowl using an electric mixer set on medium speed, until smooth.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar and the vanilla, blending well.
- Gently fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the brown sugar pie crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Drain the cherries, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Combine the reserved juice with a few drops of red food coloring, 1/4 cup of sugar, and the cornstarch in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Arrange the cherries over the cheese filling, then spoon the glaze over the cherries.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator or until the glaze is set.
- Serve cold.