Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is an easy recipe, and tastes GREAT. You can substitute any flavour pie filling if you don't like cherry.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo dough on a damp tea towel.
- Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Repeat layering of dough and buttering (3-times)--cut dough into 6 rectangles with scissors round corners gently pleat each rectangle to fit into greased muffin cups (2-1/2 inch).
- Bake at 350°F for 6-10 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon rind and juice until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon mixture and cherry filling into each cup.
I licked the bowl,the beaters, and the spoons. It was amazing that I had enough cream cheese filling for the actual recipe! I loved this recipe. The phyllo dough made an elegant cup for the cream cheese filling and cherry pie filling. I loved the hint of lemon in the cream cheese layer.