Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 mins
I first had this at a school potluck and I indulged in more than my fair share! This feeds a small crowd of 16 people and the best thing is that it doesn't need refrigeration. It can be baked and kept at room temperature for up to one day.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Lightly grease or spray a large cookie sheet (with sides) or a jelly roll pan. I've found that a 10" x 13" cookie sheet works best.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove dough from 1 crescent roll tube.
- Unroll and place it in middle of the prepared pan. Pat out with fingers, pressing perforations together, until dough completely covers bottom of pan.
- Warm in oven 4 minutes until slightly dry. This will set the bottom crust.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Spread cheese mixture over dough evenly to edges.
- Scatter cherry pie filling evenly over cheese.
- Unroll remaining sheet of crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles on top of cherries filling.They should not cover the surface completely; just be sure to space them evenly. *Another option is to tear the 8 triangles into small 1" pieces and randomly scatter them over the top of the pie filling.
- Brush triangles or 1" pieces with egg glaze.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until top crust is golden and cheese mixture is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before dusting with powdered sugar.
This is an awesome recipe!!! Easy to make and everyone loved it!!!!
Wow - super easy and super delicious! This was so quick to put together with an impressive result. I will definitely be making this again! Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2012.