1/1 Photo of Cherry Cheese Danish for a Crowd
I first had this at a school potluck and I indulged in more than my fair share! This feeds a small crowd of 16 people and the best thing is that it doesn't need refrigeration. It can be baked and kept at room temperature for up to one day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1Heat oven to 350*.
- 2Lightly grease or spray a large cookie sheet (with sides) or a jelly roll pan. I've found that a 10" x 13" cookie sheet works best.
- 3In a medium sized bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- 4Remove dough from 1 crescent roll tube.
- 5Unroll and place it in middle of the prepared pan. Pat out with fingers, pressing perforations together, until dough completely covers bottom of pan.
- 6Warm in oven 4 minutes until slightly dry. This will set the bottom crust.
- 7Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- 8Spread cheese mixture over dough evenly to edges.
- 9Scatter cherry pie filling evenly over cheese.
- 10Unroll remaining sheet of crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles on top of cherries filling.They should not cover the surface completely; just be sure to space them evenly. *Another option is to tear the 8 triangles into small 1" pieces and randomly scatter them over the top of the pie filling.
- 11Brush triangles or 1" pieces with egg glaze.
- 12Bake 20-30 minutes or until top crust is golden and cheese mixture is set.
- 13Cool in pan on wire rack before dusting with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Cheese Danish for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 233.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g