Recipe by Manda
This is an awesome dessert...reminds me of cherry-topped cheesecake, but MUCH easier to make:) Every time I take this dessert to a party, I ALWAYS get asked for the recipe (I just take a few copies with me/lol). I also like it with blueberry pie filling, but the fam. likes cherry, so that's usually what I use.
Top Review by SuzieQue
Finally got around to making this and now wish I had gotten around to it sooner! This is sweet and rich and very very good. Tastes like it was alot more work than it was. My kids and grandkids all loved it - we put vanilla ice cream on top! This will be a regular at our house. Thank you for sharing a great recipe!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan (cookie sheet with sides).
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla with mixer until smooth.
- Remove dough from one tube of crescent rolls.
- Unroll and place in middle of pan.
- Pat out with fingers, pressing perforations together, until dough completely covers bottom of pan.
- Place in oven 4 minutes, or until slightly dry.
- Cool slightly and spread cream cheese mixture evenly over dough.
- Spread pie filling over cheese.
- Unroll remaining sheet of crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles along perforations.
- Arrange triangles on top of cherries, spaced evenly (will not cover surface completely).
- Brush with egg glaze.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese mixture is set.
- Let cool and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cut into squares and refrigerate until serving.