Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dessert is simple to make but looks so beautiful on the buffet. I appreciate easy recipes like this that have impressive results. Since it makes two pans, everyone can save room for a creamy, fruity piece or two.
- 1 (18 3/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20 minute or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in the whipped cream. Spread over each cake. Top with pie filling. Chill 4 hours or overnight.