Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweet cherries, frozen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine milk, egg and oil; pour over dry ingredients and stir just enough to dampen.
- Gently fold in cherries and cheese.
- Pour into greased 9 1/4 X 5 1/4 X 2 3/4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F 55-65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Serve at room temperature, or toasted.