Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
It's quick, it's versatile, it's easy and it's delicious. What more could you want from a dessert recipe?
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) containers light cream cheese spread
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or your favorite flavor)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F Unroll 1 can crescent roll dough and press into greased cookie sheet to form crust, pressing firmly to seal seams together.
- Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cups of the sugar, egg white and vanilla in bowl until well blended. Spread over crust in pan leaving a 1/4 - 1/2" edge for top and bottom crusts to seal together; cover with pie filling. Unroll second can of dough onto a sheet of waxed paper and roll out to 13x9-inch sheet ensuring seams are sealed completely. Invert wax paper over pie filling to create top crust. Discard wax paper.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Cool at least 20 minutes. While cooling, gradually add milk to remaining powdered sugar beating until well blended and thick (may not require all of the 2 Tbsp). Drizzle onto warm (not hot) dessert. Cut into 24 pieces to serve.
I've been looking everywhere for this type of recipe! Thank you for posting it!
We are huge fans of this! I did halve it because there are only 2 of us. We are going to an Easter Sunrise service and then a brunch. I was asked to bring a dish - this will be it and I know it will be a huge hit. Made for 2010 PAC.