Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We serve this festive sauce every season with our holiday ham. it's my mum's recipe, and simply divine.
- 15 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1⁄2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple preserves
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Mix together all ingredients and cook over the stove on low heat for 15 minutes.
Fantastic. It reminds me of my late grandfather's New Year's Champagne ham glaze. I like the subtle additions of cinnamon and cloves. Thanks for sharing your mum's great recipe!