Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
really good! found this in a book, hope you enjoy it as much as i did!
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups flour
- 20 maraschino cherries
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter and mix in sugar.
- Let mixture cool and add eggs.
- Mix it thoroughly and then add baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and cocoa, stirring after each addition.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Dough will be stiff and crumbly.
- Drain cherries and save the juice.
- On greased cookie sheet, pat dough into walnut size balls with fingers.
- Place an indentation with finger or with end of spoon.
- Place a cherry in each indentation.
- Place a saucepan over boiling water and combine chocolate chips and milk.
- Add 1/8 cup of cherry juice and stir.
- If the sauce does not glob off the spoon it is too thick and add more juice.
- Spoon on top of cherries.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.