Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tasty chicken salad is from Cuisine at Home magazine. They recommend using a purchased rotisserie chicken, which will yield the amount of chicken meat needed for the recipe. You can also use any type of chicken grilled or roasted at home. Just don't use boiled or canned chicken, because the flavor won't be as good.
- 59.14 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 59.14 ml minced fresh parsley leaves or 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 14.79 ml minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 946.36 ml chopped rotisserie chicken meat (about 1 lb.)
- 236.59 ml diced celery
- 59.14 ml chopped scallion (white and green parts)
- 118.29 ml dried tart cherry
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped cashews or 118.29 ml pistachios
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together the first 5 ingredients.
- Add the chopped chicken, celery, scallions, and cashews. Stir.
- Serve on a bed of romaine lettuce, or on a sandwich.
very different but a great combo
The contrast of flavors is wonderful. The first bite you get hit with the yogurt and lemon fallowed by the sweet taste of the cherry, with the salt of the nuts and the chicken sneaking right in there. Made as written, did not add salt and that was a good thing as the rotisserie chicken we had picked up was a little on the salty side. This is a quick and tasty meal. Thanks so much for the post.