Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tasty chicken salad is from Cuisine at Home magazine. They recommend using a purchased rotisserie chicken, which will yield the amount of chicken meat needed for the recipe. You can also use any type of chicken grilled or roasted at home. Just don't use boiled or canned chicken, because the flavor won't be as good.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups chopped rotisserie chicken meat (about 1 lb.)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion (white and green parts)
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped cashews or 1⁄2 cup pistachios
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together the first 5 ingredients.
- Add the chopped chicken, celery, scallions, and cashews. Stir.
- Serve on a bed of romaine lettuce, or on a sandwich.
very different but a great combo
The contrast of flavors is wonderful. The first bite you get hit with the yogurt and lemon fallowed by the sweet taste of the cherry, with the salt of the nuts and the chicken sneaking right in there. Made as written, did not add salt and that was a good thing as the rotisserie chicken we had picked up was a little on the salty side. This is a quick and tasty meal. Thanks so much for the post.