heather in Ont,'s Note:
These are a very soft delicious cookie. I made 8 dz for a cookie exchange at Christmas last year and they were a hit. These have to be one of the family's favourite. The first batch was gone in no time. The cream cheese adds a nice flavour to this cookie. If you like cherries you can add more by pressing 3 or 4 dried cherries into the tops of cookies before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained & chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- powdered sugar, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350 F.
- 2Toss chopped cherries and 2 Tbsp flour: set aside.
- 3Beat butter, sugar and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- 4Beat in egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- 5Beat in 2 1/3 cups flour, the cardamom, baking powder and baking soda on low speed just until flour is moistened.
- 6Stir in cherries (Dough may be streaked with pink).
- 7Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 12 to 14 min or until bottoms are light golden.
- 9Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack;cool.
- 10Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Cardamom Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (970 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 55.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g