From scratch start to finish and completely well worth the effort! These brownies taste amazing with a combination of caramel and dried cherry jam. I got this from Bon Appetite Mag. I say try it as is to start and make changes from there-I love adding walnuts or using a different dried fruit, even a little cayenne makes it interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the jam
- 4 ounces dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
For the brownies
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened!) or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips or 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1For jam:.
- 2In small saucepan over medium-low heat combine sugar and 1/4 cup water, heating until sugar disolves.
- 3Increase heat and boil without stirring until syrup is deep amber color, occasionally swirling the pan, about 9 minutes.
- 4Immediately add dried cherries and cream to the carmel.
- 5Cover pan, remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- 6Transfer cherry and carmel mixture to processor, add vinegar and blend just until smooth.
- 7For brownies:.
- 8Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 13x9x2 inch metal baking pan.
- 9Stir 8 oz chopped chocolate, butter and cream in medium saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth. Cool to lukewarm, about 15 minutes.
- 10Whisk sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until well blended, about 1 minute.
- 11Whisk in chocolate mixture.
- 12Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt over, then stir to blend.
- 13Mix in chocolate chips.
- 14Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- 15Drop all of jam onto batter by tablespoonfuls, spacing evenly apart. Pull tip of small knife through jam pockets to swirl slightly into batter.
- 16Bake brownies until puffed and dry-looking on top and tester inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes.
- 17Cool brownies in pan on rack then cut around pan sides. Cut brownie cake lengthwise into 3 strips, then each strip crosswise into 6 brownies. Makes 18.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Caramel Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.0
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 123.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g