Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A South African smoothie with fresh fruit. Easy to make and you can substitute what you like!
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 small cantaloupe (peeled, seeded, and sliced-I use frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice (or apricot juice or even orange juice)
- 2 -3 pitted cherries (I use frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries (I use frozen when I can't get fresh) or 1⁄4 cup blackberry (I use frozen when I can't get fresh)
- 3 -4 ice cubes (if using frozen fruit you won't need ice)
- Put all ingredients into blender.
- Blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a glasses and enjoy!
Tasted really good and very easy to make, i put a little less cantaloupe than instructions said and it turned out fabulous!
I used pineapples instead of cherries because I didn't have them. There were some define odd combonations going on there but my son loved it. I think it will be an an aquired taste. Thanks for posting
I love cantalope so I thought this would be good but it just wasn't. I used 1/3 cantalope just as written, 1/3 cantalope with berry juice and blackberries, 1/3 cantalope with plums, apple juice and raspberries. None of them were very good. I think a few chunks of cantalope in a smoothie would be ok but not a large amount ... at least not for us.