Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
- drained maraschino cherry, sliced in half and cut in 5 pieces
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup finely crushed walnuts
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash vanilla
- 3⁄4 of a 1 lb package paraffin wax
- 1 (4 ounce) semisweet chocolate bars
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Work together until dough is tight.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Make walnut size balls and wrap around the pieces of cherries.
- Chill them for at least 2 hours more.
- ----------Chocolate Topping-----------------.
- Slowly melt over hot water.
- Mix well.
- Dip balls in chocolate, place walnut in center and let cool.
Would like to try this recipe but have too many questions that need to be answered first. 1. Amount of Maraschino Cherries 2. Questions about the paraffin wax (as from Chef #683416) 3. Weight of Semisweet chocolate bar 4. Size package of chocolate chips. This sounds good...just need more info.
This is just an observation. When I buy paraffin it comes in a package of 4 slabs in a (1 pound butter) size block. When I put paraffin in a chocolate dipping mixture I only use 2-3 teaspoons of paraffin. to 12 oz of chips. chocolate chips come in several sizes:6, 12 and 16 oz size. Which one does it call for? I love cherry and chocolate and coconut.....but will wait till the recipe is fixed or rated. Hope my suggestions will help anyone who does.