Recipe by Mairghread
My mom made these as long as I could remember and this is one of the recipes I got from her when I became a Mom -- these cookies rank still among my favourites almost 60 years later.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups sifted flour
- candied cherries or maraschino cherry, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg yolk and mix well.
- Add flour gradually, knead with hands until dough is soft and smooth. Form small balls and place on oiled pan.
- Put 1/2 cherry in center of each, slightly squashing each ball of dough. Bake at 400F 12 to 15 minutes.