Recipe by Diana #2
Great little loaves to have handy in the freezer for when unexpected, or expected company arrives. This is from the Company's Coming - Cooking for Two cookbook. It's moist, tasty, and very easy to prepare. They say it makes one small 7 x 7 cake, but I baked it in two mini loaf pans for 40 - 45 minutes. Freezes well too. I also tried substituting 1 for 1, whole wheat flour for the all purpose. Not a good idea ;)
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
We enjoyed this recipe! I tripled the recipe and made the recipe into cupcakes. I to used Maraschino cherries. The cup cakes were a big hit. Thanks for posting Diana! Made for the Think Pink tag game.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄3 cup red glazed cherries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add extract and blend well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, ground almonds and cherries.
- Pour into 2 greased mini loaf pans.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.