Recipe by mysticalmagical
I like to make this at Christmas instead of fruitcake. It's not as heavy.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
It was delicious! I made 2 cakes. For the first one, I stuck to this recipe. For the second one, I added the following: 4 pkts. Dream whip powder (chocolate flavour), 1 pkt. Cappucino cooler, 1 tin sliced pineapple with its sugar syrup and 4 tbsp (heaped) Of Chocolate Ice cream(from Baskin Robbins). For the second and the first cakes, I used only 1/2 cup butter and not 1.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces sultana raisins
- 8 ounces halved glace cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Grease and line with parchment paper one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs and orange juice and mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of flour mixture and toss with raisins and cherries (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake).
- Add flour mixture to batter and blend.
- Add floured raisins and cherries to dough and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 2-1/2 hours.
- Don't serve until several days old.
- Wrap the cake in plastic wrap or foil and store in a sealed tin.