Recipe by Ceezie
A great recipe from Spry Living. I have used Rainer cherries for a bit more tart flavoring. To make almond flour pulse 1/2 cup raw almonds in a food processor until finely ground.
Top Review by Gary M.
I fell in love the very first bight, the almond flower gives it an awesome flavor and who does not t like cherry's what a wonderful mix they have my 5 star rating, a must try <br/>thank you for sharing this delight <br/>Gary
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 16 ounces sweet cherries, pitted
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely grated fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Grease a 9-inch pie pan with unsalted butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Arrange the cherries in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, remaining sugar, almond flour, brown rice flour, vanilla, ginger, and salt until smooth. Pour evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and set in the center. Test by inserting a toothpick in the center—if it comes out clean, the clafoutis is ready.
- Allow to cool slightly, then dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.