Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A colorful cake for the Christmas season or anytime!
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 2 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light cream (10%)
- 1 (375 ml) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- sifted icing sugar (to garnish)
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and extract in large bowl on low speed of electric mixer until blended, then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with cream to creamed mixture, mixing lightly after each addition. Fold in cherries. Turn batter into greased 12-cup bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350F for 65-75 minutes. Cover with foil for last 10 minutes if becoming too brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Helpful Hint: A white icing drizzle is a pretty alternative decoration.