Recipe by sprinkledpink
This soup is great served either warm or cold. It comes from an old Culinary Arts Institute "All-Time Favorite Recipes" that is on its last legs but contains some great recipes. This sounds odd but is a delicious change in the breakfast routine.
- 1 (10 ounce) can dark sweet cherries, drained and liquid reserved
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can pears, drained, sliced, and juice reserved
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented and segments halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cherry liquid, cloves, cinnamon and lemon juice in a saucepan; bring to boiling.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove spices.
- Combine cornstarch and pear juice; gradually add to cherry mixture.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining fruit.
- Serve hot or cold.