- 1 3⁄4 cups self rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces finely chopped almonds
- 5 ounces maraschino cherries, drained and coarsley chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9" x 5" x 3.5" loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together flour, butter, sugar and eggs with wooden spoon until fluffy.
- Fold in cherries and almonds.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 70-75 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Leave set for about 15 minutes and remove from pan to wire rack to cool further.