Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
In "Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant Cookbook'
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained with juice reserved, cut cherries in half
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease or spray a 9x5 inch glass or light metal loaf pan.
- Stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat together the sugar and eggs using an electric mixer until light and frothy.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the reserved cherry juice to the egg mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Dust the cherries and pecans with flour and stir into the batter.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn the loaf out of the pan and let cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature.