Prep 0 mins
Cook 1296 hrs
From GourMed Magazine online. I have no idea how much this makes.
- 1⁄2 lb sour cherry
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 -6 whole cloves
- grating nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 quarts brandy
- Combine the cherries, sugar and spices in a large wide-mouthed jar.
- Seal and place in a hot, sunny place.
- Leave the mixture to "cook" in the sun for 40 days, shaking the contents once a day.
- At the end of this period, add the brandy.
- Store in a cool, dry place for another two weeks.
- Decant into individual bottles.
- Serve as desired.