Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Martha Washington made cherry bounce liqueur and George carried it with him on his travels. I have taken what I think is the best of Martha's and several other recipes to create this delicious concoction.
- Thoroughly clean a 2 quart container with a secure lid. I use an apple cider jug that has been cleaned very well.
- Clean and stem cherries, if using fresh cherries. Thaw if using frozen.
- Crush cherries a bit to release flavor, keeping all juice and adding to container.
- Place remaining ingredients in container.
- Shake until sugar is dissolved.
- Keep in a cool, dark place shaking once a week for 3 weeks to 6 months. The longer it sits, the better it gets.
- Strain and bottle into clean containers of your choice. I use empty beer bottles with a hinged cap.
- Serve as an aperitif, a digestif or in lieu of a dessert wine.
- Also makes a great gift if you can stand to give it up.