Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
These little stuffed peppers are absolutely addictive! Buy the smallest, one-bite-size peppers, but be careful - they are hot!! Serve at room temperature with salami, wedges of Provolone cheese, and a nice bottle of white wine, such as Pinot Grigio.
- 1 (32 ounce) jarhot pickled cherry peppers, drained, juice reserved (about 25 small to medium peppers)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs (preferably homemade, but good quality store-bought is okay)
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, very finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice off the tops of the peppers. With a small spoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Combine the bread crumbs, anchovies, capers, and garlic. Add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil, or enough to moisten the crumbs. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved pepper juices to taste.
- Fill the cherry peppers with the crumb mixture, packing it lightly. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, drizzle the peppers with a little extra virgin olive oil, if desired.