Recipe by GothicGranola
A recipe from a murder mystery series by Joanna Fluke. This one's from 'Sugar Cookie Murder.'
Top Review by BecR
My son made these wonderful cookies for Christmas, using maraschino cherries minus the stems. WOW! Everyone raved and asked for the recipe. Can't wait to make them myself, maybe for Valentine's Day. They are my new favorite cookie. Thank you so much for sharing, GG!
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (16 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, with stems
- powdered sugar, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain cherries, leave in strainer over a bowl.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in softened butter with 2 forks. Stir thoroughly with for, continuing to cut until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
- Beat the eggs in a medium-sized bowl and combine with sugar.
- Add eggs and sugar mixture to the rest of the ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Extract small bits of dought with your fingers and wrap them around each maraschino cherry, leaving the stem sticking out.
- Press the bottoms of the dough-wrapped cherries on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. (Cookies will be white.).
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet. Then dip them in powdered sugar so only the cookie part it covered, not the stem.