T. Woolfe's Note:
This all started with a sale on some beautiful ripe Cherry Tomatoes. There was also some fresh baby Brussel Sprouts, both of which I love. I did a recipe search and didn't find anything that grabbed me so the experiments began.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
First the Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, enough for 2 portions
- 12 ripe cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon equivilent thin sliced yaller onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup not too dry white wine
Brussel Sprouts If you just HATE Brussel Sprouts skip this part
- 1First the Chicken.
- 2Saute the Chicken breasts lightly io get a bit of color.
- 3Remove the breasts to a plate.
- 4Add the Cherry Tomatoes, Onion, tossing to sear lightly.
- 5Add the Tarragon and the Wine, Salt, Pepper.
- 6Return the Chicken and lower the heat to medium low.
- 7Cover lightly, you want this to steam then nearly evaporate.
- 8NOW THE OPTIONAL BRUSSEL SPROUTS.
- 9In a Saute pan foam the butter almost to brown butter.
- 10Add the Garlic.
- 11Add the Brussel Sprouts.
- 12Toss occasionally to coat everything with the Garlic Butter.
- 13By the time the Chicken is done to the touch, the Brussel Sprouts should be done.
- 14When I say Done to the touch.
- 15Ball your hand into a loose fist, press where the Thumb and palm join.
- 16Press the thickest part of the chicken/meat with that finger.
- 17If it feels the same, that's a good test for cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry-Bomb Chicken With Saute'd Brussels Sprouts on the Side
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.5
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 188.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 31.3 g