Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This all started with a sale on some beautiful ripe Cherry Tomatoes. There was also some fresh baby Brussel Sprouts, both of which I love. I did a recipe search and didn't find anything that grabbed me so the experiments began.
First the Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, enough for 2 portions
- 12 ripe cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon equivilent thin sliced yaller onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup not too dry white wine
Brussel Sprouts If you just HATE Brussel Sprouts skip this part
- 10 -12 Brussels sprouts, trimmed,halfed,parboiled,or steamed
- 2 tablespoons butter (yes BUTTER, it's important)
- 1 clove garlic, thin sliced or rough chopped
- First the Chicken.
- Saute the Chicken breasts lightly io get a bit of color.
- Remove the breasts to a plate.
- Add the Cherry Tomatoes, Onion, tossing to sear lightly.
- Add the Tarragon and the Wine, Salt, Pepper.
- Return the Chicken and lower the heat to medium low.
- Cover lightly, you want this to steam then nearly evaporate.
- NOW THE OPTIONAL BRUSSEL SPROUTS.
- In a Saute pan foam the butter almost to brown butter.
- Add the Garlic.
- Add the Brussel Sprouts.
- Toss occasionally to coat everything with the Garlic Butter.
- By the time the Chicken is done to the touch, the Brussel Sprouts should be done.
- When I say Done to the touch.
- Ball your hand into a loose fist, press where the Thumb and palm join.
- Press the thickest part of the chicken/meat with that finger.
- If it feels the same, that's a good test for cooked through.