Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy Cherry Fudge recipe
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, halved
- Butter an 8x8 inch pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil and stir in gelatin.
- Boil 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, chocolate chips, vanilla and cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Chill 2 hours before serving.
If you like the taste of chocolate and cherries you will love this!! YUMMMMMMM!! Made it at Thanksgiving time and everyone loved it! Thanks 1Steve
These were great I made them for Christmas eve and had to make another batch because it was gone the day before LOL! I had no problem with it firming up. Shirley try boiling it a bit longer. Humidity as well as other factors can affect fudge. Never sub milk chocolate for semisweet either. Try Continue to boil for  full minutes -or- if using a candy thermometer continue boiling until the boiling temperature reaches 235°F but do not exceed 9 minutes rolling boiling total.
This was awful. In the words of my son's friend - NASTY! Way too strong of a cherry flavor, grainy, and it didn't firm up. Sorry.