Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so good! :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup custard powder
- maraschino cherries or glace cherries, halved
- Cream butter.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract until fluffy.
- Mix in flour and custard powder.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Flatten tops and place a cherry half into each center.
- Bake at 300 F for 12-15 minutes.
Thank you for sharing your recipe RB we really enjoyed the cookies. The were nice and crunchy on the outside and very chewy inside. The flavour of the maraschino cherry shone in this cookie.I will certainly be making these again.
These are good cookies, no doubt about it. The only problem I faced while making these was in step 5. I tried to place half a glaze cherry in the center of the cookie, but, the cookie would just come apart. So, I ended up placing the half cherry on top of the cookie. I did that for all the cookies. Made 17 in total of these blissful cookies as I like my cookies larger in size than the usual. I liked, in particular, the taste of the almond essence in these, it was stronger than the vanilla essence and made these cookies just great! These cookies looked as elegant as they tasted - I used a combo of red and green glaze cherries. Next time, I'll use maraschino cherries for these cookies. Will definitely try these again.