Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a recipe that I found on the foodtv.com, and thought it sounded very good, I haven't tried it yet but it's certainly on the the to-do list!!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup shelled pistachio nut
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Biscotti: Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and anise seed; stir in cherries and pistachio nuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla; stir into flour mixture to make soft sticky dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface; divide in half and place on greased baking sheet.
- Shape into two 9x13 inch rectangles.
- Topping: Brush dough with egg white; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in 350F oven for 15-18 minutes or until light golden on top and golden brown on sides.
- Let cool on pan on rack for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board.
- With serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Stand slices up, about 1/2 inch apart, on baking sheet.
- Bake in 275F oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden and completely dry.