Recipe by lauralie41
This is a quick and easy pie to put together using cherry pie filling, refrigerated pie crusts, and frozen mixed berries. Adapted from Home Cooking Favorite Desserts cookbook.
Top Review by Dib's
Loved it! I had the time, and the berries so my filling was cherries and blueberries, I also made my own crust. Since I did not use canned cherries I added 2 tablespoons of lime juice to help make more "goo". I also cooked my pie in a cast iron skillet. I find with berry pies the heat from the iron helps keep the bottom crust firm & not soggy. Super easy recipe to put together-loved the flavor-will make again, so my husband tells me! Thanks for posting!
- 12 ounces frozen mixed berries, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 pie crusts, refrigerated unbaked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.In a large bowl add mixed berries, 1/4 cup sugar, flour, pie filling, and almond extract. Set this aside.
- Unfolding bottom pie crust gently, lay in pie plate. Pour the berry mixture into the unbaked crust. Unfold second pie crust and lay over top of pie. Cut slits in top pie crust to allow for venting or you could cut top crust into strips for lattice topping.
- Seal edges of pie crust by fluting and brush crust with lightly beaten egg. Sprinkle lightly with 1 tablespoon of sugar and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling. Cover the pie halfway through baking. Let pie set for 20 minutes before serving.