Prep 48 hrs
Cook 1 hr
A light dessert, just right after a big Easter dinner. You need to start two days before you want to serve it, but it doesn't take very long.
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipped cream (1 carton)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Beat egg whites until frothy, slowly add sugar, cream of tarter and salt.
- Pour in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 60 minutes at 275 degrees.
- Turn off oven and leave in oven overnight.
- Do not peek.
- The next morning make this: Blend the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream and marshmallows.
- Spread on baked meringue.
- Refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Top with cherry pie filling and strawberries.
I think this is the best dessert I have EVER had. If you haven't tried it yet, you don't know what you are missing, and I know you wouldn't want to miss heaven!!
A coworker of mine makes this for us when we have office parties. It's totally awesome and so light. I just ran across the recipe here because I lost the one she gave and thought I would try looking here. Thanks I have been looking for this one!