Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been in our family for years and it's heavenly! I like to make this dessert around the Holidays but it's GREAT any time of the year.This is a very beautiful dessert to serve. Your guests will be impressed but you need to start making it 2 days prior to serving it because it has to sit over night in the oven and over night in the frig. Believe me it is well worth the extra time and get ready for the compliments.
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar (Keep 1 Cup for 2nd step)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (16 ounce) box frozen strawberries (Thawed)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Day One - Beat 6 egg whites until stiff add salt, cream of tartar and 1 3/4 Cups of the sugar. Beat until stiff. Spread into 9x13 greased glass baking dish. Bake @ 275 for 1 hour. Let sit in oven over night.
- Day Two - Mix softened cream cheese with remaining sugar, and vanilla. In another bowl whip the whipping cream. Fold together with the cream cheese mixture. Fold in marhmallows and spread on top of the meringue. Refridgerate over night.
- Topping - 1 Box frozen strawberries thawed, 1 can cherry pie filling. Mix together.
- Cut dessert into squares and serve with topping.