Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very light pie with a mousse-like texture, perfect for a summer bbq or party. It is made with fresh blueberries and lite ingredients, but is definitely not lite on flavor. Make this pie as an easy, delicious, and refreshing end to a great meal! **(times do not include chilling times)**
- 14 1⁄2 ounces graham crackers, use 1 packet from the 14 1/2 oz . box
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free black cherry Jell-O
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- more Cool Whip Lite
- Put the graham crackers in a food processor until you have small crumbs (should make about 1 1/4 cup of crumbs).
- Transfer the crumbs to a medium bowl, and add the Splenda; mix well.
- Add the melted butter to the crumb mixture.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the crumbs into the melted butter until well blended.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom, and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Refrigerate the crust for at least an hour.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the blueberries to use as decoration.
- Puree the remaining blueberries in a food processor and set aside.
- Put the 8 oz. lite non-dairy whipped topping (Cool Whip Lite) in a medium bowl and sprinkle the sugar free black cherry Jello powder on top.
- Gently whisk the two together until well blended.
- Add the blueberry puree, the ground cloves, and the orange zest to the bowl and gently whisk these in as well, until completely combined.
- Pour the Cool Whip mixture into the chilled pie crust and smooth down evenly.
- Use the reserved 1/3 cup blueberries to decorate the top of the pie as you wish.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, top with a dollop of Cool Whip Lite, if desired. Enjoy!
- Change to: pie US Metric.
Pretty much followed the recipe, except that I used frozen blueberries that I had & didn't keep any for the top of the pie! Still, this recipe made for A REALLY DELICIOUS PIE, which was most appreciated by my son & his wife, who managed to talk me out of half of it when they came by! Thanks mush for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Hidden Gems Event]