Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We all know that fresh luscious cherries make divine desserts. But they also add a "wow" factor to savoury dishes. Originally from Chatelaine magazine.
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or 1⁄4 cup mint, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Finely chop cherries and place in a medium bowl.
- Stir in basil, chives, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Spoon over baguete slices, then sprinkle with feta.