Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
For a chocolate lover, you can't get much better. Really moist and rich frosting. Got this from a local paper, now everyone wants it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package fudge cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pie filling, extract and eggs.
- Stir with spoon til well mixed. Pour into greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- For Frosting, in small sauce pan, combine sugar, butter & milk. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Stir constantly. Let boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips til smooth. Pour over cake. YUM.
I received this recipe from my aunt many years ago and have made it often. It is one of DH's favorites. The frosting tastes like fudge and I love the almond flavoring. I would describe this more as a cake though.