Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found on All Recipes ...haven't tried this but looks good.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the extracts. Combine flour and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Spread 3 cups batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling. Drop the remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars.
OMG, simple and to die for. The only change I made was using almond extract in place of the vanilla.
These are fantastic and have such a great flavor. I made mine in a 9x13 so bake time was about an hour. Thank you for sharing!!
Definitely a sweet treat here, & one I made & sent off with my other half to share at work! However, I'm not one to past up a taste test, so cut 16 bars & sent off 15! This is certainly something I'd like to make again sometime, a munchy to keep right here at home! You'll get a sugar rush, sure, but they are very, very nice! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block Tag]