- 9 inches pie shells
- 1 (16 ounce) canpitted red tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar (I've used splenda and it works well)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 medium bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, mix cherries (with liquid), sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute Stir in butter Cool Stir in cinnamon and almond extract Slice bananas in layers into pie shell.
- Pour filling over banana slices Chill until until set.