Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are my own creation, full of flavor and healthier without the butter! As soon as you bite in you get a burst of cherry and banana and they are pretty moist, though firm. I hope you enjoy them! I made half with the coconut on top and half with the pecans and couldn't decide which was better. To get the mandarin orange juice I pureed a can of mandarin oranges (drained of syrup) and just drained them in a sieve. (my son gets the oranges for lunch)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in small bowl.
- Mix mashed bananas into dry ingredients, then add the wet and combine. (do not overmix).
- Stir in cherries.
- Divide batter into lined muffin cups and sprinkle either coconut or pecans on top and lightly press into batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes.
These are tasty muffins. I subbed applesauce for the mandarin juice, but made the rest as directed and found them very tasty. Will make them again. Thanks for posting. **Made for March 2008 Beverage Tag**
I love the taste of these muffins. But I found the texture is too dense. I would prefer it more airy. I used dried cherries and dried cranberries. Thanks CulinaryQueen :) Made for Beverage tag.