1 hr 30 mins
cellar door's Note:
I plan on making this for the holidays and serving it with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. A faux banana split complete with bread? What else could be better? The original version of this recipe is from Easy Home Cooking. I've listed vegan alternatives for those who want to make the bread without animal products.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 2 Tablespoons juice.
- 2Cut cherries into quarters.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 4Combine sugar, butter, eggs [or ONE mashed banana], and reserved cherry juice in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed 3-4 minutes or until well mixed.
- 5Alternate between adding flour mixture and mashed bananas, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. If the mixture seems a bit too dry, you might want to try adding some water at the end. I suggest adding it a teaspoon or so at a time.
- 6Stir in drained cherries.
- 7Grease a loaf pan and spread batter evenly in pan.
- 8Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until brown.
- 9Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack. To store, wrap in plastic wrap or foil and keep in a cool, dry place.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 218.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: