Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This glaze is also good for pork!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3⁄4 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add the shallots and saute until softened- about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cherry preserves, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasonings, and the pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook until the mixture is reduced by one-fourth.
- About 6-8 minutes.
- Reserve 6 tbsp of glaze in small bowl.
- Lightly season chicken breasts with salt.
- Place chicken on grill.
- Cook, covered for 4 minutes per side.
- Brush one side with glaze.
- Let set for 1 minutes then flip and brush other side with glaze.
- Repeat until chicken is cooked through.
The cherry-balsamic sauce was amazing. I used it on steak and it was soooo good. Thanks
This recipe is fantastic---everyone loved it! Plus, it requires very little prep, which is nice, and has a wonderful amount of flavor for so little work. I used 4 large chicken breasts and the same proportion of sauce listed. I used bing cherry preserves. This was really easy and really tasty and I would definitely make it again. I served with Quick BBQ Asparagus as a side dish. Made for ZWT5. Thanks, Kim!
I thought I had cherry preserves, but in fact it was cherry, raspberry and strawberry preserve. I tried it and it was perfect LOL Thanks Kim. Made for Please Review My Recipe