Recipe by moxy
One of my mother's Christmas cookie recipes, and one of our favorites when we were growing up. She usually serves them right out of the freezer, and they are a bit more tasty when they've been out of the fridge for a while. Use red or green cherries for variety!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 2⁄3 cups icing sugar
- 2 cups coconut
- 2⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients, except cherries and graham cracker crumbs, together into a paste.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop some paste into your hand and shape so that a cherry can be cradled.
- Wrap the paste around the cherry, using both hands to roll into a ball.
- Roll the ball in graham cracker crumbs.
- These can be stored either in the refrigerator or in the freezer.