Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy recipe that is a great crowd pleaser for the Holidays!!
- 24 -36 bottled cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine coconut
- graham wafer crumbs
- Mix thoroughly butter, icing sugar, milk, almond extract and fine coconut.
- Roll each cherry in above mixture, then in graham wafer crumbs.
Thank you!! This is one of my family's favorite recipes for Christmas cookies and I lost the card that the recipe was on. This looks just like the recipe that I had but I substitute vanilla extract for the almond extract because my brother's allergic to nuts. These are great, quick and easy. And very addictive!
My mother and I have been making these for years. A Christmas baking staple in our family. We call them Cape Breton Balls. Our friends and family call them FAT Balls as they are a decadent waist line expanding treat. My girls love to help make them and their little hands are perfectly suited for this super easy recipe.