Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious with ice cream.
- 2 cups sliced pitted halved fresh apricots
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine apricots and granulated sugar in small bowl.
- Combine cherries and 1 tablespoon flour in second bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 cup flour, cornmeal, cinnamon, salt, 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar and baking powder in large bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk; blend just until ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Place fruit in 1-1/2-quart baking dish; top with batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before serving.